Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Confessional Tuesday

I am a makeup whore. I think I own like $2,000 worth of makeup...maybe even more. The sad thing is that I use it ALL the time except for when I go to work (because well who wants to get up an HOUR earlier than normal just to put on makeup). So normally my friends see me in makeup, and at work they see me in no makeup/almost none. I might occassionally (if I have time) put on a sweep of mineral powder foundation (Lise Watier - Poudre Mineraliste... a nice Canadian brand, which is like that Bare Minerals stuff which I have yet to try) and some blush (usually Nars - Orgasm). SO I look like this when I am at work (minus the super childish shades I was trying on at Michael's):


The on the weekend I look like this:

And when we're doing something special I look like this (but just a little more jazzed up):


You are probably thinking... ok so what was the point of that? It leads into the second part of my confession: I am a lazy ass! I should look great every day, but I am always too tired to get up early so I can put makeup on because I have to do homework until 11 PM the night before.

The Solution:

New Years Resolution - Make more time for ME! Stop worrying about everything and everyone else and worry more about myself. Both 2008 and 2009 were all about helping out in the community and volunteering (which I wont stop completely because I love doing it), putting up with peoples BS (which I mean... they are family... so I guess it's expected), and just generally about everyone else but me. SO 2010 will be about my health (weight and sanity....hahaha), helping me (school, work, etc), and our wedding. Everyone elses drama can take the back burner for the year while I deal with my own crap. =)




5 comments:

very married said...

good plan!

emseedubya said...

DEFINITELY make time for yourself!!! And I'd just like to ask in what world does it take an HOUR to put on makeup? Crazy girl!! lol I am SO high maintenance and always make time for makeup though....a sweep of foundation, mascara and lip gloss takes less than 5 minutes and makes a HUGE difference. With the full 5 minutes you can even do eye-shadow and blush. lol I think the key to a "5-minute-face" is allowing yourself to apply everything with your fingers instead of messing with the brushes. Quick, easy, and you always look sexier than everyone else. HA!

emseedubya said...

I just saw your comment on my blog. Hurray for making an effort!! And thanks for the pep talk, it's hard to not feel like you have to chameleon-ize yourself to "fit in" and Australians REALLY frown on "flashy-ness" and interpret that as a person thinking their better than everyone else...it's exhausting. Gotta stop caring! lol

Meghan said...

Sounds like a great plan!

♥ charissajoy said...

Well, my dear...I must say, I stumbled across your blog by accident while looking for a link on your facebook page. I am also a secret blog addict, and couldn't help by start reading some of your posts! I love your obessesion with online shopping, I liked seeing all these treasures you've added on here!
I also love you are a fashion whore, as am I! I agree with this post 100%, take time for YOU this year! I have made the same resolution, it has been a crazy year!! Maybe we need a once-a-week girls night to help keep up with these resolutions ;)

<3<3 Charissa