Monday, November 30, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009
I'm so excited, I am getting all my goodies every day!! I purchased a clutch off of Etsy that I have been eyeing for like 6 months, and I just got it today! It's gorgeous and it was such a quick and easy transaction. I reccomend her to anyone!
Boneca Linda - $50
Thursday, November 26, 2009
1. Talk about a huge breast!
2. Tying the legs together keeps the inside moist.
3. It's Cool Whip time!
4. If I don't undo my pants, I'll burst!
5. That's one terrific spread!
6. I'm in the mood for a little dark meat.
7. Are you ready for seconds yet?
8. Its a little dry, do you still want to eat it?
9. Just wait your turn, you'll get some!
10. Don't play with your meat.
11. Just spread the legs open & stuff it in.
12. Do you think you'll be able to handle all these people at once?
13. I didn't expect everyone to come at once!
14. You still have a little bit on your chin.
15. How long will it take after you stick it in?
16. You'll know it's ready when it pops up.
17. Wow, I didn't think I could handle all of that!
18. That's the biggest one I've ever seen !
19. I like it a little greasy.
20. Just get your whole fist in there.
Happy Turkey Day! =)
He wanted something more his "style" for his tie/shoes. He wants to wear converse shoes as soon as I told him I wanted to wear them. =) So I found him a wicked tie (thanks to my beautiful friend Casey) on Etsy! We just got it yesterday and I surprised him with it! He loved it and was so excited about it! Here it is:
Super quick transaction, and it arrived very fast! It's just perfect!
And for part of his wedding gift I got him a silver guitar pick (engraved). He just picked up the guitar again for the first time in about 5 years, so I just wanted to give him something that expresses my love for him and our mutual love of music (like our tattoo's do). We always say "To infinity and beyond" when we say I love you. Toy Story is his favorite Disney movie ever. =)
From Etsy seller PinkCheckersDesign - $27 (custom)
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Unfortunately, it's an article expressing how hard the Food Banks in our city, and surrounding areas are being hit by the economy. The demand in the Food Bank here has risen 80% since last year. It's so hard right now for some families. When I volunteer there, I feel like I am helping, but I still wish there was more that I could do. We donate whenever we can, and I volunteer whenever I have a spare moment, but I wish we could give them a whole truck load of food. I will just keep wishing that donors and the community will continue to give so generously to the Food Bank, and know that we are helping people. Here is the article in the paper:
Pressure on Food Bank
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
The second on actually has some data to prove their theory and some of the numbers behind how many couples that live together before marriage don't actually end up getting married. Here is that article: Science Blog.
So now that you have read "the facts", what is your opinion? Do you already live together with your significant other? Do you think that if you had, that you wouldn't end up together? Or would you be that 40% that would get married after living together?
1) Mr. Crappy Tire - Dated for 6 months total, moved in at month 4 (he had financial problems because of school and I felt bad... STUPID ASHLEY). We lived together for 2 months (in separate rooms though) before I found his wrappers/cans/bottles UNDER his bed. Needless to say in that moment, I figured out why he always wanted to come into my room to watch a movie. I will also mention that cohabitation does not always lead to sex, I never had sex with Mr. CT. It all depends on your values and self control. That being said, I personally have no problem with pre-marital sex (to a certain extent. Like you probably aren't prepared to have sex at the age of 13 because you wouldn't be able to handle the consequences that come along with having sex, like pregnancy. We shall save this topic for another day).
2) Mr. Introvert - If any of you have ever met me or know me even in the slightest, you would know that an introvert and I just don't belong together. It took me a little over a year to figure that one out. We dated for about 10 months before moving in together (this time it was my financial problems that lead us to that point) and in the 4 months that followed, I learned all of his traits, thoughts, etc. Most of them drove me absolutely insane. I could never spend the rest of my life living with someone like this. He is a great person and he will make someone so very happy, but that someone just didn't happen to be me. His incessant whining; leaving his computer, Xbox, and every other light on in the house; his less than terrific hygiene; his ability to suck the fun out of everything; etc. Sorry, just not for me. I didn't sign up to be someones mommy. He was as sweet as pie though, and he always put me before himself. I really wish him all the happiness in the world, even if he hates me. (OOPS.)
3) Mr. Black Belt - a.k.a. Mr. Right for Me Yes Indeed - With Mr. BB, what I saw was what I got, and boy was I happy about that. We have been together for 3 and a half years, and have lived together for the better part of two of those years. We have been friends for at least 8 years now, so I always knew he was the one for me right from the start. With Mr. BB, I have found minimal things that changed in the time we have lived together. In some respects, the changes that did happen were for the better. I was pleasantly surprised that his cooking was good, he is cleaner than I am in some respects, he helps with laundry/dishes (when I'm really busy with school and work, he does them ALL the time), etc.
Part 2 tomorrow... what inspired me to write all of this kerfluffle!
Monday, November 16, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
Click on the link to find out more information: Wedzilla and PaperCake Design
There are several ways to enter and win!
Thursday, November 5, 2009
300g Minced Meat (preferably beef)
5 pcs Streaky Bacon, thin strips
2 tins Skinned Tomatoes, chopped/mashed
1 clove Garlic, chopped
2 pcs Yellow/Large Onions, diced
1 pcs Carrot, diced
2 pcs Celery, diced
Red Wine, to taste (normally put 1/4 of a cup)
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Parsley for garnishing
1. Brown bacon in pan.
2. Add onion and saute till caramelize.
3. Add garlic once you can aromatic add in minced meat. Saute for another 2-3 minutes
4. Add tomatoes and red wine. Simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Add carrots and simmer for another 15 minutes.
6. Boil spaghetti in salted water for about 15 minutes. Drain.
7. To serve, on spaghetti, put some celery and pour hot sauce on top. This will then retain the crunchiness of the celery when you bite into it yet, does not taste raw. Then garnish with bit of parsley.
Taste it, you will LOVE it if you like bacon!
Monday, November 2, 2009
There are tons of gifts that you can give your Husband on the day of the wedding, and they don't have to cost an arm and a leg. I was working on my gifts for Josh this weekend, so I just thought I would post some of the ideas that I thought of while racking my brain for the perfect gift. Please feel free to post more!
*Guitar (Electric or Acoustic) - Perfect if he wants to pick up a new instrument, or just really enjoys music. Tons of articles and books to help you out. Also, don't be afraid to browse in stores, and ask a sales associate. I find that if you go into a small business music store, they are much more personalized and knowledgeable. Acoustic guitars can range anywhere from $50 (used) to $200 (brand new). Electric guitars can range from $100 - $20,000 (depending on the brand, quality, etc.).
*Sterling Silver Guitar Pick (Personalized) - I'm getting this for my fiancee, will post pictures and a review of the vendor when I get it in! $27 plus shipping.
* Boudoir Album - This is more on the sexual side of things, but can be an incredible gift that he can keep forever. The side of you that only he will get to see, captured in sultry photographs and all wrapped up in a pretty little package. These can range from $100 - $700, all depending on the photographer, outfits, hair, makeup, etc. Very well worth it though, because you also get to see and feel how gorgeous you are!
* Digital picture frame - I think this is a great gift for anyone, because you can take it anywhere and have your pictures with you! These have dropped in price and can range from $50 - $200.
* Concert/Sporting Events tickets - What better gift than something that he watches on TV anyways?! You can get tickets to events for super cheap, or you could go as far as to order season tickets to his favorite sports team (which is actually cheaper than I thought it would be).
* Gaming Console - This could be for a beginner or an avid gamer. The beauty of it is that sometimes games will come out that I like to play, so we both use it quite often. It also doubles as a DVD player because our PS3 comes with a Blu-Ray player in it! Here is a guide to all of the systems and what they do.
* Stocks/Savings Bonds - You are investing in your future together, but you could do it in a fun way! A friend of mine got her husband a share of Marvel (comic books) stocks. There are stocks for almost everything imaginable. Go to a broker to find out more information about your options.
Other items: Watch, iPod, mini-moon, slide show for the wedding, custom cuff links, custom Converse Shoes, etc.