Canada really SUCKS when it comes to restaurants and fast food places. I really miss living in Florida for this reason (amongst many other reasons as well). There are restaurants in the US that Canada just doesn't have or used to have and now doesn't. We're practically the same country in many different aspects (or at least pretty similar) and I love that each is still different and it's own country, but PLEASE satisfy our Canadian taste buds with some decent restaurants!!
US restaurants I really miss/or have never tried and may possibly be in Canada but most aren't:
- Chipotle - never tried but sounds so delicious!
- P. F. Chang's - I absolutely love all of their food, especially the lettuce wraps and beef and broccoli.
- Sonic's - Never tried, but I really want their new coney dog and a cherry limeade drink!
- Benihana - I don't even have to explain how delicious this place is.
- Sizzler - My grandma literally raised me on sizzler's and I miss it so! Salad bar mmm!
- Ponderosa - This used to be so delicious! My mom, my grandma and I used to go there about once a month.
- Steak N Shake - MMMM. Enough said.
- Jack in the Box - Oh how I miss thee.
- Krispy Kreme - Do you know how long I have craved one of your donuts? 5 years!!!
- Fuddruckers - This is my spot to eat with my step dad. This place has the BEST burgers and fries. YUMMO!
- Outback Steakhouse - I miss the bloomin onions!
- Ruby Tuesday's - Before it went down hill it was good!
- Hard Rock Cafe - Love this place, it's just so fun!
Restaurants that they have here but don't quite compare to the ones in the US:
- Taco Bell - First of all there is not a ONE Taco Bell where I live, I have to drive 1.5 hours to get my fix. Secondly, they don't have the mexican pizza as a staple item here, WTF! Thirdly, they give you fries with your meal... UM HELLO it's "mexican" cuisine. In the states you get an extra taco... THAT makes sense!
- Denny's - I loooove Denny's in the US. We had one literally right next to where we lived, and we used to eat there all the time when I was young. That's still my "spot" to eat dinner with my mom. <3
- KFC - It SUCKS here. Their chicken is not so great. They have no BISCUITS or MAC N CHEESE!!! KFC's mac n cheese and their biscuits are SOOOO GOOD. Why must you deprive me of the best part of KFC Canada? WHY?!
- Chili's - It's just not the same! :(
- Olive Garden - It's so nasty here that I refuse to eat at there.
- Applebee's - Same menu for the most part, but for some reason the US restaurants taste much better.
- Chick-fil-a - I have never had you but I want to taste you.
Restaurant's Canada has that the US doesn't have (or very few):
- Tim Horton's - SO GOOD (I'm referring to the sandwiches and soups/chili). I have never tried their coffee because I don't drink it, but people refer to it as crack.
- The Keg - A really delicious steak place that Josh and I take each other to on our birthdays. I love their sourdough bread and asparagus.
- Fast Eddie's - Unfortunately they don't have this all over Canada, I'm pretty sure it's just an Ontario thing. The most addictive chili cheese fries with cheap hamburgers, you can't go wrong. The also have yummy "flavored" fries such as dill pickle, ranch, and bacon!
So if any of my American friends are feeling generous maybe you can fedex me some of my favs!