Monday, August 9, 2010

Stuck in my head

I have Journey's "Any Way You Want It" stuck in my head right now, it's awesome. I love Journey and sometimes I think I was born in the wrong era. That song just makes me so happy, same goes for "Don't Stop Believing" (also by Journey). Noticing a trend here? :)

When it comes to songs for the wedding, we're not really going in your typical direction for wedding music. It's going to be very random, but that's because it's what we enjoy versus what others will enjoy or will consider "timeless" songs.

A sampling of our music:

  • Bride's Processional: Somewhere Over the Rainbow - IsraĆ«l Kamakawiwo'ole ~OR~ Claire De Lune - Debussy
  • Recessional: Warmness on the Soul - Avenged Sevenfold
  • Dinner Music: Vitamin String Quartet
  • First Dance: Swing Life Away - Rise Against
  • Mother/Daughter Dance: Still have yet to decide (any suggestions anyone?)
  • Mother/Son Dance: You've got a friend in me - Randy Newman (Toy Story)
  • Reception Entrance Song (Bridal Party): I've Got a Feeling - Black Eyed Peas ~OR~ I'm In Miami  - LMFAO
  • Reception Entrance Song (Us): You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC ~OR~ Swagga Like Us - Jay Z
  • Last Song: Don't Stop Believing - Journey
Any other suggestions or more ideas would be greatly appreciated!

What was/would your play list sound like?

No comments: